Losing weight is no easy task. We all need a bit of motivation here and there to help keep our goals on track. Which is why we’ve put together the ultimate list of motivational dieting quotes!
Yep, that’s right, we have 100 weight loss quotes for you, right here – so whether you’re dying to get back into your favourite pants or get beach body ready, we’ve created the perfect positive weight loss list to keep you motivated.
Get off to a good start – Quotes for starting a new diet
One of the hardest parts for some people is deciding to lose weight. However, this decision is often the easiest! Shedding the pounds is the hardest part, so don’t put it off until after the weekend, after your friend’s birthday party or that big bash with your in-laws – get started!
Easier said than done, right? But if you want to get serious results, you need to get strict with yourself. If you’re a bit of a yo-yo dieter that struggles to stick to a diet plan, create your own regime. Make each day of the week a specific exercise and food routine. Replace your old routine of pizza and TV with salad and squats!
1. Today’s choices make tomorrow’s body.
2. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
3. One day I want to honestly say – I made it.
4. Never hope for it more than you work for it.
5. A year from now, you will wish you started today.
6. Losing weight is hard. Being overweight is hard. Make your choice.
7. Don’t complain about the things you are not willing to change.
8. You’ll get there, just keep going.
9. You can have results or excuses, not both.
10. When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.
Create a plan – Motivational quotes to get your weight loss started
You’ve got a goal, now you need a plan of action to get there. Now’s the time to get yourself a notebook (because who doesn’t love stationery!) and start jotting down some new delicious recipes.
Losing weight sounds great, but in order to succeed you’re going to need a plan of action. Get filling your diet with plenty of whole foods and balance it well alongside plenty of exercise. Planning your meals can really help you keep to your diet, too. Most importantly, you need to be happy and healthy!
11. You don’t have to eat less. You have to eat right.
12. The best project you’ll ever work on is you.
13. Your body is your most priceless possession. Take care of it.
14. A goal without a plan is just a wish.
15. Promise yourself: I will never be as fat as I am right now ever again.
16. You only have three choices in life. Give up, give in or give it all you’ve got.
17. It’s not just the weight you lose, it’s about the life you gain.
18. When it comes to being healthy, tomorrow is a disease. Start today.
19. Don’t wish for a good body. Work for it!
20. If you build healthy habits, your body will have no option other than to change.
Eat well and wave snacking goodbye – Positive weight loss quotes to keep your diet in check
There’s more to losing weight than spending every hour in the gym! It’s time to kick your eating habits into shape, too. Where you can, cut down on red meat and dairy, while upping your consumption of fruit and veg.
Avoid the temptation of snacking and ditch the junk you keep in the cupboard. Although being strict with yourself will help your weight loss, allow yourself a weekly treat as a reward and you’ll be less likely to stray from your weight loss plan overall.
21. Don’t dig your grave with your own knife and fork.
22. What you eat in private, you wear in public.
23. Eating well is a form of self respect.
24. Need motivation to lose weight? Eat in front of a mirror. Naked.
25. Fitness is 20% exercise and 80% nutrition. You can’t outrun your fork.
26. Fat lasts longer than flavor.
27. Broccoli might get stuck in your teeth, but french fries will get stuck on your ass.
28. My heart says chocolate and wine, but my jeans say ‘For the love of God woman, eat a salad.’
29. Food satisfies you for a minute. Being fit satisfies you for life.
30. Keep calm and ignore junk food.
Sweat, sweat, sweat – Weight loss quotes to burn calories
The sweatier the better! There’s nothing quite like leaving the gym drenched in sweat, knowing you had a hard session of fat burning. Grab yourself a gym buddy to keep one another motivated and add a little competition into the mix. If you’re flying solo, make sure you’ve tracked down a killer playlist that’ll get your heart rate up!
Exercise is a key factor when it comes to weight loss, but it must be partnered with good nutrition. You don’t have to be ripped to be fit and healthy. If you’re just starting out, ease your way into exercise slowly, and you’ll soon be shedding that weight.
31. No goal was ever met without a little sweat.
32. When your brain says cupcakes, correct it to crunches.
33. There are seven days in a week. Someday isn’t one of them.
34. It hurts now, but one day it will be your warm up.
35. Sweat is fat crying.
36. The only bad workout is the one that you didn’t do.
37. Suck it up and someday you won’t have to suck it in.
38. I run. I’m slower than a turtle running through peanut butter. But I run.
39. Food is the most abused anxiety drug. Exercise is the most underutilized antidepressant.
40. More sweat now, less jiggle later.
Mindset matters – Weight loss quotes to soothe the soul
When you’re trying to lose weight, staying positive can be difficult. Remember, it’s more like a marathon than a sprint and results may not happen overnight! More importantly, don’t allow yourself to get too caught up on what the scales say. Be kind to yourself, it’s difficult and you’re giving it your all. You’ve got this!
When you’re losing weight, try to build up your core strength too. It doesn’t have to be a trip to the gym, try planking as you wait for dinner! Or why not get yourself a set of home weights to work out with as you watch your favorite TV show.
41. Train like a beast. Look like a beauty.
42. Exercise in the morning, before your body figures out what you’re doing.
43. Fall in love with taking care of yourself. Mind. Body. Spirit.
44. Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends on us.
45. Be stronger than your excuses.
46. Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.
47. Your limit is you.
48. True strength is doing the things you once thought impossible.
49. The body achieves what the mind believes.
50. Strong is the new skinny.
The ‘I’ve had enough!’ days – Motivational dieting quotes to keep you going
You’ve started, that’s one of the hardest parts! So don’t let your hard work go to waste. If you’re starting to feel as though you want to quit, buy yourself some new pants or a dress in the size below to give yourself a boost of wearing it.
Losing weight doesn’t happen overnight, sadly. But now you’ve started, it’s time to keep going! Focus on your goal – aka your weight loss target – and follow your map to get there. Think back to how much you’ve achieved so far, rather than far you have left to go.
51. Remember why you started.
52. A river cuts through a rock not because of its power, but because of its persistence.
53. I already know what giving up feels like. I want to see what happens if I don’t.
54. If you’re tired of starting over, stop giving up.
55. It took more than a day to put it on. It will take more than a day to take it off.
56. You will only fail if you give up on yourself.
57. It’s better to take lots of small steps in the right direction than to take a great leap forward and to stumble back again.
58. Sometimes you’ll feel like giving up. When you do, remember all the people you wanted to prove wrong.
59. Small progress is still progress.
60. The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs… one step at a time.
Self-honesty – Motivational weight loss quotes for self-reflection
Dieting is hard work, and a sneaky treat now and again may feel like nobody will ever know… But the facts will! If you’re serious about losing weight, you need to be really honest with yourself. Keep a journal to track your progress, and if you fall off the weight-wagon a little, make a note of it!
When you first start any diet plan, the road ahead can feel like the longest journey ever. But when you believe in yourself, setting milestones can help keep you motivated. Find confidence in yourself, stay honest and stay driven!
61. Stop wishing. Start doing.
62. Your body can do anything… it’s your brain you have to convince.
63. Willpower is a muscle. The more you use it, the stronger it gets.
64. The scales aren’t your enemy, only the messenger.
65. Your body hears everything your mind says. Stay positive.
66. The miracle isn’t that you met your goal. The miracle is that you had the courage to start.
67. Never trade what you want now for what you want most.
68. The fact you aren’t where you want to be should be motivation enough.
69. Stumbling is not falling
70. When you lose all your excuses, you find your results.
Self-love – Positive weight loss affirmation quotes
Self-confidence and self-love can go a long way! It’s not easy when you’re trying to lose weight, but you shouldn’t be too hard on yourself, either. If you feel yourself slipping, don’t worry, it’s totally normal during a new weight loss regime.
Some weeks can be better than others, especially at the beginning! At the start of any diet, your body can be a little shocked by a sudden change, shifting the pounds much quicker. This may not be consistent from week to week, but don’t let yourself get disheartened – stay positive! You’ve totally got this, keep going.
71. Life is about getting better every single day.
72. A little progress each day adds up to big results.
73. Don’t wait until you reach your goal to be proud. Be proud of every step you take.
74. Believe in yourself. Make yourself unstoppable.
75. Your body is a testament to your willpower, perseverance and discipline.
76. Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.
77. Hating your body will never get you as far as loving it.
78. Snaccidents happen. Forgive yourself and move forwards.
79. If you change the way you look at yourself, the way you look changes too.
80. Celebrate every step in the right direction, no matter how big or small.
The end goal – Weight loss achievement quotes
In need of a little extra motivation? Do it for the ex-boyfriend who hinted at your weight. Do it for the girls in high school who thought they were all that. Do it for the look on everyone’s faces when you reveal your weight loss results. However, most importantly, do it for you.
Whether your goal is the perfect bikini, skinny jeans or little black dress, we can sense a shopping spree coming on… And you deserve it!
81. ‘Cause I have nothing to lose except for all this fat.
82. Would you rather be covered in sweat at the gym or clothes at the beach?
83. Make your biggest problem replacing the contents of your wardrobe.
84. 3 dress sizes. All it takes is 3 months of dieting and exercise.
85. It only takes 10lb to drop a dress size.
86. Success is the best revenge.
87. Do it for the ‘Holy shit, you got hot!’
88. Prove them wrong.
89. Do it for the body you’ve always wanted.
90. In two weeks, you’ll feel it. In four weeks, you’ll see it. In eight weeks, you’ll hear it.
Keep the sass, ditch the mass – Attitude quotes for weight loss
Surround yourself with positive people who support your weight loss goals. Those that are negative about your diet are more than likely jealous of your progress. Don’t let their negativity get you down! Keep your head up and your heart strong, it’s time to reach your goals.
91. Food is fuel. Not therapy.
92. The toughest part of dieting isn’t watching what you eat. It’s watching what other people eat.
93. If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.
94. Dear stomach: you’re bored, not hungry. So shut up!
95. Eating healthy becomes easier when ‘I can’t have that’ becomes ‘I don’t want that’.
96. You’re not going to get the ass you want by sitting on it.
97. No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everyone on the couch.
98. Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.
99. I’m not losing weight, I’m getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again.
100. Burn your fat. The only thing that will feel hot is your body.
Raring to go?
So you should be! Our motivational dieting quotes can help kickstart your weight loss, helping you stay positive, pumped and ready to sweat.
Find a gym buddy to workout with and help you stay motivated. You’ve got this.