Cellulite… awful isn’t it, ladies? A not so fun fact for you is that around 90% of women will have cellulite, so you’re certainly not alone there. The cause is determined by many factors from nutrition, diet, hydration, genetics, exercise and circulation.
In most cases, exercising alone won’t banish cellulite, but what it can do is minimize the coverage and how visible it is. If you’re wanting to know more then strap yourself in as we have put together some of the best exercises to beat cellulite.
Exercises to burn fat and target cellulite
If you’re really wanting to wave goodbye to cellulite, you’re going to need to remove as much excess body fat as you possibly can. The reason being is that cellulite is caused when there is a build-up of fat caused by an excess of fat-storing hormones in that particular area. So, if you’re then controlling those hormones with a healthy and balanced diet and then burning as much fat as possible through fat burning exercises, you’ll certainly be well on your way to reducing that cellulite.
Our favorite way to burn fat is through interval training. When using controlled weight training exercises, your metabolism will keep working even after you’re finished your workout and keep burning calories.
Otherwise, there are some cardio options for you too. An hour’s walk can burn up to 300 calories and if you can then work in some speed walking to play on interval training, you’ll be burning even more calories. Running and cycling are also great ways to burn fat, but remember that interval training is vital here. So, once you’re all warmed up and ready to go, try sprinting for a set time, recovering, and then going again. The more of these repetitions you do, the increased burn of your calories and fat will be.
As well as minimizing your body fat, enhancing and tightening the tone of the muscle underneath the cellulite will help to smooth out the surface of your skin. A great way to do this is through strength training moves that build up the hips, hamstrings, quads and buttocks. Aim for training that targets the areas affected by cellulite at least 2 or 3 times a week and also over time, increase the weight to challenge and tone those muscles.
Here are the best strength training moves to firm and tone up muscles:
- Squats – Ladies we all understand that squats are tricky, but they are incredibly effective and that is why they’re here! Remember to distribute your weight back into your heels and keep your back straight, like you’re going to sit down in a chair.
- Leg raises – another seemingly easy exercise that has a high impact. Do single leg raises to target each muscle group before switching sides.
- Lunges – whether you do them stationary or the walking version, lunges target all of the lower-body muscles. Not only that, but you can increase the pressure on your muscles by holding weights in your hands. If you’re a newbie when it comes to lunges, build them up slowly and work on getting the correct form over the amount you can do.
- Step-ups – stepping is a great way to tone your legs. These are a great little exercise, whether you’re on the stepper or elliptical machine in the gym or you’re at home using a bench. A sturdy piece of furniture or even your stairs can be a great use too.
- Side steps – these may seem like a simple little exercise but combine them with resistance bands around your lower shins, these can be incredibly effective.
A healthier lifestyle
Exercise is an absolutely essential part of reducing cellulite, there are no two ways about it, ladies. But you will also need to support your workouts with a healthy and balanced diet. So, you’ll need to be eating a diet that includes a range of whole grains, low fat, protein, fruit, and vegetables and ensure that you’re drinking plenty of water and getting lots of good quality sleep.
As well as this, regularly massaging the areas impacted by cellulite may boost circulation and lymphatic drainage. This encourages your body to get rid of toxins that build up in those fatty cells. You may find that it helps smooth out your skin too, and we’ve got to love that!
So, ladies, there it is, if you want to say goodbye to cellulite, then get those exercises into your workout routines. We can see that you’ll be making progress on your weight loss goals and fighting back against cellulite in no time at all.
Ready to feel your best?
With the tips above, you’ll be banishing cellulite in no time!
But if you need a little support, why not try PhenGold? Our multi-action formula works smartly to enhance your body’s natural fat-burning abilities and curb cravings, so you can get on with smashing your goals!